New Post, New Role

Things have definitely changed since the last post and I promised myself that I would post at least once month I have gotten too busy to do it.  Moving from a VM Admin to an Infrastructure Architect changes one's view of technology, changing from full access to very limited in a short order.

What am I looking at these days?

  • Zimbra Collaboration Server is a big one for me, it shows me a major player can create a product that can be a simplified mail and collaboration especially for the smaller organizations.  Although it easily can scale to millions of mailboxes...  Admin Guide
  • vCloud Director and Orchestrator - useful for the really big clients moving manual workflow to automation.  Building entire environments with the click of a mouse, fantastic for the move from Proof of Concept --> Development --> Test --> Production even the move from a public cloud to private cloud as part of the move.
  • VMware View - finished the Fast Track View course and excited to use the skills acquired by that. 

Still many tools to figure out and not enough time to play with them all.

Comments