Newsletter January 2015

Hey all,

New year and new tips.

I know late on a monthly newsletter as usual.  But I have been travelling and doing more in the last couple months than for quite sometime.

Product Announcement
Feb 2, 2015 brings in the announcement of vSphere 6 and 650 + feature enhancements.  Some are significant (SMP fault tolerance) while others are expected (doubling of the maximums).  I am deploying in my lab as soon as they are available.

Finished a course on vCenter Orchestrator
The course from VMware education vCenter Orchestrator - Automation and Extensibility was a fantastic class outlining the usefulness of the included tool with vCenter.  The course covers installation methods and how to create and deploy workflows.  It touches the vCenter Automation Center (now vRealize Automation) how to use workflows for multitudes of things.  (Certificate deployment comes to mind.)  

View Design
With projects I am working on, EUC and View is high on my portfolio list.  With the design of any cloud platform, architecture and design follows product announcements.  I have been looking heavier into the design for a View Cloud Pod with the architecture link here.  Design outlines placing connection servers, security servers and vCenter with ESXi servers similarly to the hyper-converged model.

More to come...

Comments